The Bottom Line
Regardless of whether you are spending a day at the beach or just have a deep desire for some really great barbecue, Beachwood BBQ & Burger is the best place on the beach to enjoy a cocktail and down home cookin'.
- The food is delicious!
- Everything is made fresh to order
- The portions are huge and the waitstaff is super friendly!
- As is the case with every place on St. Pete Beach, there is only enough parking during the week, during the day.
- The drinks are a little more pricey than most bars' drinks are.
- Address: 6300 Gulf Boulevard, St Pete Beach 33706
- Phone: (727) 369-4950
- Hours: Sunday through Tuesday the restaurant is opened from 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday Beachwood BBQ & Burger is opened from 11:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Parking: in the front of the restaurant. If there is a parking attendant in front during the time you choose to dine make sure you tell him/her you are there just for the restaurant or you could be subject to a parking fee. During the busy times Friday through Saturday you may incur a parking fee anyway.
- Company Website , click food in the navigation bar to access the full restaurant menu.
Guide Review – Beachwood BBQ & Burger
I had the luxury of enjoying a wonderful stay at the Postcard Inn a few months ago with my friend Kim. While there enjoying the beach and the pool, Kim and I got really hungry and rather than go off site for a bite to eat, we opted to try out Beachwood BBQ & Burger. We came in starving and left with our bellies so full that we had to loosen our belts!
The restaurant has the feel of a country bar with its wooden walls, floors and ceilings. The seats are covered with brown leather and the main bar has metal siding all the way around it with simple black plastic and wooden stools. The bar is full with more well drinks and top shelf liquors than I can even count! There are plenty of beer and wine choices as well if liquor is to quick for you.
To kick off our down home barbecue meal we started with some guilt inducing appetizers. First was the cast iron corn bread. This unbelievably delicious corn bread is cooked in a little cast iron skillet and serves two with a tasty butter that I personally could have just eaten by itself. So yummy and a must try! The other appetizer we ordered was the bacon trio. Now, this is one of those appetizers that fills the cracks of your heart, makes your cholesterol go up a few notches but still must be tried at least once if not twice in your life. The bacon trio features double cut bacon in grilled, traditional BBQ and voodoo.
It should be noted that the night Kim and I tried the restaurant was right before the menu changed so what we ordered is not always available. We both ordered barbecue samplers as our entree. The samplers although not on the permanent menu anymore are sometimes still offered on special occasionally according to one of the waiters at Beachwood BBQ & Burger.
The good thing about trying these samplers is I can tell you the meats we had were very good. For meat options I recommend the following: The Carolina pulled pork complete with Carolina vinegar mopping sauce, the smoked chicken with the apricot barbecue glaze, the Texas rubbed slow smoked briket carved moist or lean and the Memphis baby back ribs dry rubbed with Beachwood's special spices.
For your side options you can choose from baked potato, collard greens, french fries, Brussels, spiced potato wedges, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, baked beans, tater tots and sweet potato fries.
If after all your food you still have room for dessert options include: Death By Chocolate which features homemade molten lava cake, chocolate ice cream and chocolate syrup; An Apple Basket which feaures apples baked with brown sugar and cinnamon nestled in a pastry basket, vanilla ice cream and apple moonshine glaze; Ole' School which is the simple choice of just two scoops of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup and maraschino cherries.
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary meal for the purpose of the review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offering mentioned herein are subject to change without notice.